GOVERNMENT SPONSORED STUDENTS
Scott Christian University formally Scott Theological College, was established in 1962 as the national theological College of the Africa Inland Church Kenya to provide training for church ministries at an advanced academic level. The college was named in memory of Peter Cameron Scott who led the African Inland Mission in Kenya in 1895 which developed Africa Inland Church as one of its ministries.
Scott grew and progressively upgraded its academic standards. In 1972, the entry requirement was raised to a minimum of a Secondary School Certificate, Level Three. A further upgrading of standards was done in 1982 with the introduction of a Bachelor of Theology (B.Th.) whereby the programme entry requirement was raised to a university level. This development was made possible through an arrangement with Ontrario Bible College, an accredited degree granting college in Toronto, Canada. The first B.Th. Students graduated from the college in1986.
In December 1979, Scott received its accreditation from Accrediting Council for Theological Education in Africa (ACTEA). It was the first post-secondary theological institution in Africa to receive such accreditation. In 1986, full accreditation of Scott’s Bachelor of Theology degree programme was granted by ACTEA.
Scott was granted a charter by the Government of Kenya in 1997 after reworking on its academic programs and operations. Its Bachelor of Theology degree was accredited by Commission for University Education as a university level degree at the same time. The institution was granted the permission to change its name to Scott Christian University by the Commission for University Education on March 23, 2012.
Scott Christian University has subsequently expanded its academic offering to enhance a greater scope of service and ministry for transformation of the society. The University currently has three schools which include; School of Theology, School of Professional Studies and School of Education.